RULES FOR THE INTERMEDIATE EXAMINATION Part 1 and Par 2
Note: The words importing masculine gender shall be taken to include females and words in singular shall include the plural and vice-versa
1. The Intermediate (Part System) Examination will be held ‘Part-Wise’ under the auspices of all the Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education in the Punjab w.e.f. 1996 and onward on the dates and places as may-be fixed by the Board. The Examination of first year class will be called as Part-I and the examination in second year class will be called as Part-II Examination.
2. Question Papers of A and B in each subject will be renamed as Paper-I and Paper-II of each subject.
3. There will be no supplementary examination of the Part-I Examination.
4. The student will take the examination in the subject of Islamic Education in the Part-I Examination while they will take the examination in the subject of Pakistan Studies in the Part-II Examination.
5. Total Marks of Part-I and Part-II Examination will be 550 for each examination.
6. The students, who appeared in the Inter (Part-I) Examination in regular capacity, would be promoted to 12th class, without waiting their result of Part-I.
7. a) In order to pass the Intermediate (Part-I) Examination, a candidate will have to pass at least the subjects papers carrying 300 marks; provided he/she obtains 33% marks in each subject and in the remaining failed subjects/papers he/she will be eligible to appear alongwith Inter (Part-II) Examination.
b) A candidate, who fails to qualify the subjects carrying 300 marks will be considered to have failed as a whole. He/she will have to appear in the failing subjects/papers of Part-I alongwith the Intermediate (Part-II) Examination. However, in such cases the Part-I and Part-II will be considered as one examination, provided his/her participation will be subject to his/her attendance in the allotted examination canter and group. No additional examination opportunity will be provided in lieu of an opportunity missed due to illness or any other reasons. Moreover the absence from the canter will tantamount to absence from the examination.
8. To qualify in a subject/paper of the Part-I Examination, which consists of theory, and practical examination, it is compulsory for a candidate to obtain the requisite pass percentage of the total number allotted to each component separately. However, his/her result will be compiled on the basis of aggregate of marks individually obtained by him/her in theory and practical components of the Part-I and Part-II Examination
9. It will be essential to appear in the Inter (Part-I) Examination for the candidates, who pass the GCE ‘O’ Level or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto. However the candidates who qualify the GCE ‘O’ level examination can be admitted to 11th class without passing the subjects of Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies. However, such candidates will have to pass these subjects during the next available chance, failing which their result of Intermediate Part-I examination will not be declared untill and unless they pass the above mentioned subjects. This facility will be available only to those students, who has passed the GCE ‘O’ level examination from foreign countries.
10. Under the Part-System, the duration of practical examination in the subjects/papers other than Fine Arts, will be two hours, whereas for the practical examination in Fine Arts it will be three hours. The duration of examination in Islamic Education, Pakistan Studies, Fine Arts theory examination and Business Mathematics and Statistics of Commerce Group will be 2 hours, but the same for the remaining written examination will be 3 hours.
11. The last date of admission in Class XI will be 30th Sept. proceeding the year of examination.
12. The examination in Part-I and Part-II will be held according to the schedule notified by the Board.
13. The candidates, who appear in the Part-I Examination, will only be provided with a result intimation. No pass certificate of any kind will be issued.
14. A certificate of having passed the examination will be issued provided a candidate qualifies ‘as a whole’ in Part-I and Part-II Examination.
15. No candidate will be allowed to reappear in the Part-I Examination, whether he/she qualifies or fails to qualify the aforesaid examination.